Sunday 13 March 2016

February Favourites

Is it too late to do a February favourites blog post?  I have been meaning to do this for the last two weeks but have just been so busy lately!! At the moment I am working 6 days a week whilst trying to squeeze in marathon training, pole practice and gym sessions, then using that extra day to fit in my long run (you can see my marathon posts here).  This has left me feeling exhausted and no time for anything else! I keep thinking of blog ideas then writing them down and not being able to act upon them yet because I have no time right now! So frustrating.  Anyway, that is just a little catch up on what I have been up to.  Enough moaning and onto my favourite things in February.




These hairbands.  What are they called?  I can't recall.  I remember ages ago, seeing girls wearing these hairbands and I thought that they would never work with my hair.  My hair is incredibly thick.  But I saw these in Primark, and they were cheap so thought I would experiment, and I feel like they have changed my life!  Almost.  These hairbands work best with my hair in a bun, but they are ok for a pony tail too.  I don't feel like my hair is pulling tight, thus avoiding the dreaded pulled hair headache.  But my hair is tied up tight enough that it doesn't fall down during the day and my hair doesn't kink either.  A 10/10 for me!  The only thing I do have to say is that because my hair is so thick I can see these hairbands loosing their... curlyness quite quickly.  However I am still in love.


Green tea.  I have been drinking this fabulous tea for years but I have a new obsession.  A large cup of green tea with lemon and grated ginger.  I have been drinking this in the mornings and it's a great morning drink, so refreshing!  In February I actually switched my morning coffee for this drink for one week, and all week I was ready to bite someone's head off.  So maybe I shouldn't make such a big caffeine leap just yet.  But green tea, lemon and grated ginger... I am loving it!!



Home Sense.  The shop that everyone is obsessed with, right?  I was not interested with home things until I moved into my own apartment in May.  Now I am watching every Youtuber's home accessories and decor videos, and checking out every home store you can think of.  Home Sense has such a wide range of unique things at reasonable prices.  I wish that I could own 5 apartments and style them all differently.  That would be the dream.  However I only have one apartment and I love buying new things for it, however I am having to be really careful not to buy too much and let it get too overcrowded!  Whenever I think of something new that I want for my home, Home Sense is generally the first place I look.



Coconut Oil.  I had heard a lot of good things about Coconut Oil so when I spotted a jar in February I snapped it up straight away.  On first opening the jar, it smelt lovely and cocnutty.  I have been using this on my skin, in my hair, and in my cooking (not from the same jar). It has done wonders for my skin. I have to say that I am in love with coconut oil and wish I had tried it sooner!


Comfy trousers.  I bought these particular trousers in Topshop, they are so comfortable!  In February I was exhausted and during the times that I wasn't working or running, I spent the time wearing comfortable trousers sleeping or working on things.  I actually bought these to wear on the plane as I thought they would be comfy to wear on a long flight whilst keeping my legs warm, but the material isn't so thick that I won't get too hot.  But I ended up wearing these around the house, and then out.



OPI Nail Laquer in Over The Taupe.  I mostly wore this colour on my nails over the month of February.  It's the perfect wintery colour, and February was cold, and great for the mood I was feeling during the month.  Tired and fed up.  I was over worked.  This browny colour was perfect.


Laura Mercier foundation primer.  I actually bought this at the end of 2015 but got a lot of use out of it this February.  This primer is so smooth, and sinks into my skin quickly making it feel soft.  Only a little bit is needed so this lasts a while.  This primer didn't make my skin break out and my make up looks good all day.  When I run out I feel like I will re-purchase this forever.


Estee Lauder Double Wear, Stay In Place Brow Lift Duo.  This goes on really well and isn't too heavy.  I have this in soft brown (03) which is the perfect colour for me.  I have seen other reviews stating that the highlighter is useless but personally I am a fan.  It was quite pricey for such a small product though.  It does the job well and makes my eyebrows look great.  Is it worth the price?  Probably not.  However I have still been using this a lot during February, maybe I should start to use it sparingly.

Have you got a favourites post you would like me to check out?  If so, post the link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)