Tuesday 15 March 2016

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

Sweet potato is one of my favourite and most eaten foods.  One of my favourite foods ever is sweet potato fries but I have never attempted to make my own.  The word fries alone makes it sound unhealthy.  The other day I was really craving some sweet potato fries so I decided to make my own.



First I washed one sweet potato and leaving the skin on, chopped it into fries sized chunks.  You can have them however skinny or chunky you want.


I tossed the sweet potato chunks with chili infused oil, black pepper and paprika.  Here, you can use whatever spices and herbs you wish to.


Bake for 35-45 minutes, turning occasionally.  The longer you leave them, the crispier they become.


I served these sweet potato fries on a bed of curly kale with red pepper and oven baked courgette.  I sprinkled on some cheese because sweet potato fries and melted cheese... get in my mouth now!!! Or if you wish, leave out the cheese for a healthier option.  This was my favourite meal of the whole week!!

Do you have any recipes you would like me to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)