Monday 8 February 2016

January Favourites

January.  It was a dull month.  It was a boring month.  And it was an expensive month.  I'm glad it's over.  During this first month of the year I got back into running, I barely visited the gym, and I booked a big summer holiday.  That just about sums up my month.


Travel.  This month my brain has been full of 50% travel and 50% sleep.  In the second week of January I booked my summer holiday to the USA.  But that is half a year away!  So I got into researching where else I would like to go in the year.  I still haven't quite decided yet but I feel like 2016 is going to be the year of travel, it's going to be a good one!


Yes this is my bed and my favourite blanket, and yes I have been loving my bed in the month of January (and yes I do have a favourite blanket).  I felt so tired all month and it was a chilly one.  In the mornings I could not wait for it to be evening so I could get back into bed, in the mornings I couldn't get out of bed, and many a time I got into bed way too early on a Friday and Saturday evening, and I loved it!!


I guess this is my empties come beauty section of the post.  I have absolutely been LOVING this St Ives scrub.  I purchased this in the last week of December and have been loving it all month, it has completely changed my skin!  My face feels cleaner and my skin feels clearer.  I love this product and have already purchased my second bottle.  Also this Aussie body wash is AMAZING!  I love their hair products but did not realise they did soap as well until I spotted this in Tesco! It smells a little bit like the distinct smell of the Aussie hair products but not quite so potent and a little different.  The scent of this body wash is so nice and it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean, I like to use this in the morning.


The foam roller.  Why have I not used one of these before?! My osteopath told me to get one of these and when I first used it, I was dubious.  But then I learn how to use it properly and oh boy does it hurt, but it's that good muscly sort of pain.  I mostly foam roller my legs and they feel so much better afterwards.  I love using this after a run or a workout.


The Hunger Games books.  I started on the first book in the first week of January, it was so good and I became so addicted to this book that before I knew it, I had completed the book.  I had to get more of the story, so I ordered the other two books and before the end of January I had finished reading them.  Best books I have read in a long time! I hated putting the book down and couldn't wait to get back to reading it!


Now on to February with bigger and better things!  How was your January?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)