Wednesday 4 November 2015

Marathon Training - Week 3

Some time ago a friend asked me if I would like to apply for the London Marathon with her.  Willingly I agreed, doubtful that we would get in, but very intrigued to see if I could handle running a marathon.




It turns out that we both got in... HELP!!

I don't run.  It's not like I don't exercise, I have just never done any sort of running before.

I started my training on Tuesday 21st October.  I did 3 and a half miles in 30 minutes.  I decided that I couldn't run.  The next day, determined that I needed to continue the training, I went for another run.  3.4 miles in 34 minutes.  The following day, Friday, I decided to have a rest from running on the road and went to the gym... to run on the treadmill.  Saturday was a rest day, then on Sunday I went for another run achieving 6 miles in 1 hour 2 minutes.

Week two.  Not such a good week for running.  I had a nasty cough meaning I wasn't sleeping at night, and I was choking to death during the day so decided to put a hold on the running.  I finally went for a run on the Saturday completing 7 miles in 1 hour 16 minutes.  I was so proud that I did a 7 mile run.  The time was a little lower than I was hoping, but it was a very hilly run, which is my excuse for the slower time.

I am now into my third week and have not managed to squeeze in any running yet.  This marathon training is proving to be a lot harder than I expected! In between work and life I am finding it hard to make time for running but I am going to keep at it! I am determined!

I am running for the charity Whizz Kidz and intend to raise £2000 for the charity.  I have two aims, one event.  I can do this!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I could never run a marathon. I don't like exercising either and I have to force myself to do it.

    P.S. I hope you will join our Christmas card exchange. All you need to do is email me your mailing info.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)