Thursday 11 December 2014

Moisturise This Winter

It's winter, my legs are hidden by trousers and are long forgotten.  Those pale limbs are hidden away, never to be seen again until the tiniest bit of sun shows itself and thus, moisturising goes right out of the window.  At work I seem to be washing my hands more than ever (I work in a hospital.  Winter = More sick people) and my hands are becoming rough and parched.  That awful winter cold has left my lips feeling chapped and dry.  But I'm not here to tell you how important it is to moisturise.  I am here to tell you which moisturising products I am using at the moment.

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm


I love Burt's Bees products.  You can really smell the peppermint in this lip balm, it smells lovely and gives my lips a little tingle.  This product makes my lips feel very soft and nourished.  My lips were feeling very chapped and rough after a cold and this lip balm helped to sort them out.


Burt's Bees Hand Salve


Another Burt's Bees product.  This product is particularly for dry hands and it does makes your hands feel very soft and moisturised however I feel that it takes a very long time to absorb into my skin.  This product smells of lavender, I am not normally too keen on lavender smelling products but I really like the scent of this one.  This product can feel a little bit oily once applied but if you have the patience it does eventually soak into your hands to leave them feeling smooth and supple.  This is a moisturiser that I use at night time before going to sleep when it can fully absorb into my skin.


Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula


This is my go to product at the moment.  I use it everywhere - arms, legs, hands and all over the body, except my face.  This moisturiser is super moisturising and leaves my skin feeling amazingly soft.  You don't need to use much of this product as it is very thick but absorbs into the skin quickly making it feel very smooth.  The only thing I don't like about this moisturiser is the smell.  It is fragrance free and I can't describe the smell but I'm not keen.  I can totally look past this though as it is super moisturising and good for my skin!


Johnson's Baby Light Oil Spray


What? Baby oil?? I hear you asking.  Yes, baby oil makes my skin feel amazing and super soft!  I use this after getting out of the shower whilst my skin is still wet.  I only use a tiny bit so my skin isn't too oily and it absorbs very quickly.  You can also buy the non-spray stuff and pour a little bit into your bath which is what I used to do back when I had a bath (although be careful if you put too much in as it can make the bottom of the bath a little slippery).


Garnier Intensive 7 Days Lotion


I have been using this moisturiser for years and will continue to use it for years.  Whilst I feel that it isn't quite as moisturising as the Palmer's Cocoa Butter, it still does it's job very well and smells so, so good.  This product is for very dry skin and does leave my skin feeling very soft and supple.  A ten out of ten for this moitsuriser for me!


Lola Rose Energising Rock Crystal Hand Cream


I keep this moisturiser in my work bag so I can use it throughout the day whenever I need to.  This hand cream smells amazing and is very nourishing.  You don't need to use a lot of this product and it moisturises very well.


Burt's Bees Honey & Orange Wax Body Lotion


Another from my friend Burt, did I mention that I love Burt's Bees?! This product feels so soothing and hydrating.  I love the way this moisturiser makes my skin feel.  I do dislike the smell of this.  This is the sort of moisturiser I opt for if I am spending a night alone and only use on my legs and feet due to the smell.  However, disregarding the smell I really do think it is a good moisturiser that makes my skin feel absolutely softened.


Satsuma Body Puree



My favourite thing about this lotion is the smell.  It smells oh so good and orangey, so yummy!  This product does moisturise my skin however I feel as if it may be a little watery and not so good as other moisturiers.  This lotion makes my skin feel soft and absorbs well.  This works well as a daily moisturiser but not for very dry skin.


Dr Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Moisture Melt


The smell of this oil is so, so good and coconut-y.  At room temperature this product is solid, but once warmed it turns into a liquid that absorbs into the skin leaving it feeling so soft! I use this after showering and once dry my skin feels amazing and completely moisturised. On the bottle it says intensive hydration and soothing and it does just that!!


What are your favourite moisturising products?

2 comments:

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)