Monday 3 June 2013

Spa Day

For Christmas me and my brother bought my Mum a day at a spa with a manicure.  She asked if I would go with her, and I of course said yes.  I was quite excited as I had never been on a spa day before.

It was at one of the Bannatyne Spas.  So yesterday we arrived and was shown around.  Having never been to a spa before I did not know what to expect, but I was quite impressed with the large gym, exercise classes, manicure area, treatment rooms, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.

We got dressed into our bikinis, robes and slippers. It felt a bit strange walking through the place in what felt like night wear.  I felt like a patient in a hospital.  However we weren't the only ones wearing this.  I soon got used to it and it became quite relaxing.

Firstly we got our manicures.  I chose a Gelish French Manicure.  This sort is meant to last up to 21 days and supposedly makes the nails strong without chipping or peeling.  I am on the second day yet so will have to see how long they last, especially as I am going to a festival soon!  I had never had a manicure before, only done by myself so this professionally done manicure looks so much nicer!





We then went on to have back, neck and shoulder massages.  I was a little apprehensive about this, I wasn't sure I wanted someone touching me for half an hour.  I was led into the room, which had a bed in the middle.  The room smelt lovely, there were candles burning and relaxing music was playing.  Everything looked so clean which relaxed me as I can be a bit of a clean freak.  The actual massage was fabulous.  My shoulders are always tense and it completely relaxed me.

After the massage we sat about drinking tea for a bit, and then headed on to the pool.  I am ashamed to say that me and my Mother don't really know how to swim, so we skipped out the pool and headed straight for the jacuzzi. Followed by the sauna, steam room, some relaxing by the pool and more jacuzzi.

We then got ready to go back home.  There were showers, hairdryers and places to sit and do your make-up, everything was very clean.  Feeling very refreshed we then headed room.


I very much enjoyed my day, it was so nice to spend a whole day relaxing and being pampered.  It was great after the stress of my recent exams.  I will certainly be back for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)