Sunday 8 February 2015

Recycling The Christmas Dress

It's been a while.  January became a boring but busy month for me with working loads, going to the gym a lot (sticking to my New Years aims) and doing lots of things but somehow don't have any interesting stories to disclose.  Since this blog is supposed to be about my exciting adventures, I took some time out, which I know is not the best thing for such a new blogger but there we go.

I went to a wedding yesterday.  When I found out about this wedding my first thoughts were:  A wedding, in February, what am I going to wear?!?  Thus I got searching for a nice dress to wear that I wasn't going to completely freeze in.

Being unsuccessful in the dress shopping I started to panic a little and the day before the wedding (yes, I am normally this disorganised) I happened upon the dress I wore to my work Christmas party.  Perfect! I will probably never wear this dress again so it gives me a chance to get some wear out of it and no one will know it is my recycled Christmas party dress!  Apart from anyone who may read this.


I teamed this Warehouse dress with blue shoes from New Look and a bag to match from Dorothy Perkins which was reduced to £7 in the sale.


Of course as it's February and was absolutely freezing I dug a grey coat out of my wardrobe which I purchased from Topshop many years ago.  This went perfectly with the whole outfit.


I am not used to wearing heels and the thought of wearing heels all day filled me with dread (almost).  So I bought am emergency pair of flat shoes from New Look, for later on in the night, in case my feet became too painful.


There we have it.  A winter wedding outfit.



Whilst I was shopping I had a browse in House of Fraser and fell in love with a pair of shoes which were reduced to £39.  I bought them as a possible wedding shoe until I found the blue shoes in New Look.  I am not sure whether I will keep these House of Fraser shoes.  They are so pretty and nice, but I'm not sure when I will wear them and they look like an absolute killer on the feet!!



What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. The Winter wedding outfit is gorgeous. I love both pairs of shoes. The colors are remarkable.

    Jessica @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Any comments are appreciated :)